1 (edited by GeometryGod 2023-01-07 00:15:12)

Topic: TotalMix Menu Unresponsive - Bug? (Video Inside)

Hi all,

I have the DIM key on my Babyface mapped to open/close Totalmix. I also am running Totalmix in "Always on Top" mode.

If I have another app in focus when opening and closing Totalmix (my DAW for exmaple), the menu for Totalmix becomes unresponsive, forcing me to close and re open it each time.

I am running the latest drivers for my Babyface (Firmware v201 / Driver v3.28). MacOS Ventura / MBP M1 Max.

Here is a video showing the behavior in case it is unclear
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7to7bfbgc3yv8 … g.mov?dl=0

Is this a bug, or user error? Thanks so much.

Re: TotalMix Menu Unresponsive - Bug? (Video Inside)

Sure your Totalmix is version 1.78 ?

Update OS from 13.0 to 13.1 would also be an option.

And also testing the new Driver 4.06 is worth to try...

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Yes, I am running Totalmix 1.78.

The drivers I am running are the latest drivers available on the site as of today. Unless there are others I am unaware of.

4 (edited by waedi 2023-01-07 00:27:00)

Here :
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 00#p191800

It is not yet the official driver, it's beta test, I have it on and it works well.

I have just updated to OS 13.1 and upgraded to the beta drivers (Firmware v201 / Driver: v4.06 beta) and I am still having the same issue.

GeometryGod wrote:

I have just updated to OS 13.1 and upgraded to the beta drivers (Firmware v201 / Driver: v4.06 beta) and I am still having the same issue.

When I remember correct the firmware should be 226, but I doubt this will solve the problem, but also worth to try...

7 (edited by GeometryGod 2023-01-07 00:53:26)

I can confirm, I'm having the same issue with RayDAT & ARC USB, which is a different driver.

Is that issue gone when TM FX is no longer set to be 'Always on top:?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I just tested turning off "Always on top" and the issue is still happening.

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/otp6lvdjlbu9b … f.mov?dl=0

I can check later if it’s the same with my BFpro (non FS) on a older MacBook with macOS 10.15 as well as on a M1 Mac mini with macOS 13.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

waedi wrote:
GeometryGod wrote:

When I remember correct the firmware should be 226, but I doubt this will solve the problem, but also worth to try...

v226 would be correct for original Babyface, but he has a pro model, so v201 is fine.

oli77sch wrote:

I can check later if it’s the same with my BFpro (non FS) on a older MacBook with macOS 10.15 as well as on a M1 Mac mini with macOS 13.

On Macbook pro 2012 (!), with macOS 10.15.7 Catalina, RME USB driver v3.222, Babyface pro firmware v201 and TotalMix FX v1.78  it works fine. DIM button set to toggle TotalMix windows, either 'Always on top' enabled or disabled. Menus are ok. I go to test it on Mac mini with Ventura...

13 (edited by oli77sch 2023-01-07 18:21:17)

oli77sch wrote:
oli77sch wrote:

On Macbook pro 2012 (!), with macOS 10.15.7 Catalina, RME USB driver v3.222, Babyface pro firmware v201 and TotalMix FX v1.78  it works fine. DIM button set to toggle TotalMix windows, either 'Always on top' enabled or disabled. Menus are ok. I go to test it on Mac mini with Ventura...

So now I'm on my Mac mini M1 2020 with MacOS Ventura 13.1. I was on the way to check things out and really also had the issue. I then recognised TotalMix FX was still on v1.75 for some reasons. I did the update to v1.78 and the issue is still there. But the interesting thing is: the issue only appears when I switch to another application using the mouse or keyboard shortcut (cmd-tab), then use the DIM button on the Babyface pro to bring back TotalMix FX to the foreground. Menus non responsive and mixer window doesn't appear. When I have TotalMix as the active app in the foreground first, then use the DIM button to set it to the background and a second time to bring it back, menus are fine and the mixer window comes back. Also, when the issue appears, there is no other way to bring back the app. But now I'm not sure if it would be the same on the MacBook with macOS 10.15 because I didn't test it that extensively. EDIT: just checked: on the MacBook it works well, no issues! So it's related to the newer macOS versions I think.

oli77sch wrote:
oli77sch wrote:
oli77sch wrote:

So now I'm on my Mac mini M1 2020 with MacOS Ventura 13.1. I was on the way to check things out and really also had the issue. I then recognised TotalMix FX was still on v1.75 for some reasons. I did the update to v1.78 and the issue is still there. But the interesting thing is: the issue only appears when I switch to another application using the mouse or keyboard shortcut (cmd-tab), then use the DIM button on the Babyface pro to bring back TotalMix FX to the foreground. Menus non responsive and mixer window doesn't appear. When I have TotalMix as the active app in the foreground first, then use the DIM button to set it to the background and a second time to bring it back, menus are fine and the mixer window comes back. Also, when the issue appears, there is no other way to bring back the app. But now I'm not sure if it would be the same on the MacBook with macOS 10.15 because I didn't test it that extensively. EDIT: just checked: on the MacBook it works well, no issues! So it's related to the newer macOS versions I think.

Ahh very interesting.

So it looks like its a bug with Ventura when you assign a button on a Babyface / Arc to open TotalMix.

Does anyone know the best place to report this bug to RME?

Here in this forum or support check link

https://www.rme-audio.de/support.html

regards S-EH

Save your time, we're working on it already.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Save your time, we're working on it already.

Thats why RME is the best. smile

See here:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=36642

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

This fixed it for me - thank you!!