Topic: Feature Request: Auto AutoDark Mode

First, absolutely loving everything about my ADI-2 DAC - the sound, the interface, the display, the manual and the continued support and updates on this forum!

I have one little feature request: It would be great to add an AUTO setting between OFF and ON for AutoDark Mode - one that turns off the lights after the usual AutoDark timeout when no signal is detected. I love the display while I'm playing music, but would also love if everything went dark when I wasn't.

Re: Feature Request: Auto AutoDark Mode

Good idea indeed! smile

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

like a third option to AutoDark mode - AutoDark when idle. that is a very good idea!

4 (edited by mark2748 2020-12-24 18:55:43)

+1

Great idea.

I was about to submit the same request, but then I found this 2-year-old thread.  Any chance of implementation?

Use Case:  RME ADI-2 DAC FS sits on my desk.  I often like to see the Line Out display when music is playing, but then want it to automatically go dark after music stops.  The time delay may need to be a few seconds longer than in current (firmware 34) AutoDark Mode ON state so that display does not blink between tracks.  Remote Button 3 / Dark helps, but gets tiresome.  It might change to cycling between between ON/AUTO/OFF, or maybe toggle ON/OFF vs toggle AUTO/OFF depending on setup.

any news?