Topic: Beta: MIDI Remote for 12Mic and AVB Tool
For users who operate the 12Mic or AVB Tool from a distance (stage box etc.) with MADI connections, the lack of a MIDI Remote control software meant that they had to install a separate LAN cable or WiFi connection just for remote control - and, in most cases, just to set or adjust the gains once during sound check. For this reason, we have developed a separate app, "RME MIDI Remote AVB", which offers basic remote control (analog I/O controls such as gain/volume and phantom power, preset switching etc.).
1) Install on a computer that has a MIDI over MADI interface.
2) Configure 12Mic/AVB Tool on device:
- press encoder for menu
- press encoder again for STATE
- rotate to REMOTE and confirm with encoder
- press MIDI softkey
- select input and output corresponding to the MADI format, ie. optical or coaxial
- set MIDI ID
3) In the MIDI Remote AVB application, press "Conf", select MIDI over MADI input and output, confirm each with "Apply". Return to main screen and add device. On the left side, choose the corresponding MIDI ID.
- It is not possible to synchronize the entire device state over MIDI, so features such as routing will have to be configured on the device or over the webUI/API/AVDECC. However, since preset control is implemented, users can create complex configurations and toggle between using presets. Keep in mind that loading presets might change settings that are not visible over MIDI Remote AVB, such as clock source, routings, etc.
- "Snapshots", on the other hand, are locally stored on the computer and only include the analog channel controls. This is useful, for example, to store and recall gains for different sessions.
- Hold the [Shift] key while dragging an encoder for fine adjustments.
!!! Requires Firmware 1.4.0 beta or later !!!
Download newest firmware here: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33265
Download MIDI Remote AVB:
We are looking forward to your feedback.
v1.0.0 beta 4:
- fixes an issue where only the first of two or more MIDI devices with the same name would be selectable
(required fix for current MADIface Pro on Windows)
- adds gain group mode
- minor changes in design
To update beta releases, activate "Check for beta updates" in MIDI settings and restart the software. Afterwards, new updates are found and installed when "Check for updates" is selected in the main menu.