Topic: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 78 / 49 and ADI-2 Pro 262 / 113
Note: usually we publish Windows and Mac version simultaneously. But the Mac FUT includes some other urgent fixes, so the firmware update for Pro and DAC are already available for Mac users. The Windows FUT will hopefully come soon (blaim Corona).
Here comes a small update with issues that were found after the last firmware update (https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34588). The ADI-2 DAC series changes from DSP48 to 49, the ADI-2 Pro series from 112 to 113.
Pro and DAC
- Do not load Volume: This option was critizised to have a confusing double negation. We changed that, it is now renamed to Load Volume, with the two choices with Setup or Disabled.
- Do not load volume: did not always work as expected - fixed. Please note that when loading the Factory Setup ignoring the option was intentional (to also get the factory volume settings). We changed that, it now also follows the current Load Volume setting.
- Remote Locked now allows to use the volume keys on the remote, equalling Keys Locked where volume still worked.
- B/T changed to +/-12 dB. I have to confess that I had a hard time to accept this change, and just hope it doesn’t backfire. The former way of handling it was perfect for me, +/-6 dB does not screw up the sound but allows for a quick turn adjusting the Bass and Treble as the current tune needs it.
Since the inclusion of B/T into the PEQ we got requests to allow them to work up to +/-12 dB, as the other bands do. Unfortunately there is no way to have +/-12 dB in the PEQ and only +/-6 dB in B/T, it must be the same limit, as these are the same controls.
Now one could argue that in typical HiFi units B/T has always been at least +/-10 dB, so why not doing it here too. Well, some users that hate tone control anyway, will turn the knobs, land on +12 dB bass or treble, and immediately write unasked posts everywhere how shitty that sounds. So far this never happened with the tamed +6 dB max. Fingers crossed I don’t have to read such nonsense in the future…
- In Dual EQ mode a graphics refresh was missing in the Bode plot.
- In Dual Phones mode with AutoRef active, inserting a TRS jack into Phones 1/2 could cause a wrong dBr setting.
The firmware update tools:
Updated manuals Pro, v 3.6:
Updated manuals DAC, v 3.1: