Re: New macOS RME USB 4.04 driver – public beta test

Third kernel panic to report here (second on 4.04). Mac Mini M1 with a Babyface, driver 4.04 and upgraded three days ago to macOS 12.5.

Same as last time, after sleeping 1.5 hours just as the login/password screen is to pop up, it hangs (this time before waking up the monitor) and reboots. No crash dump on disk, only the Apple error report dialog. Full content of the dialog copy pasted to a text file, zipped up, and sent to the support a few minutes ago.

This time, which I didn't notice the last time; the RME driver is at the center stage:

Panicked task 0xfffffe24cf9cb3c0: 1045 pages, 3 threads: pid 699: de.rme-audio.dku

I think I mentioned it last as well, but based on some other sections of the info in the report I don't think it's the actual audio driver part, but rather the CDC interface to the Babyface causing the issues.

Hi,
maybe offtopic...

Why does TMFX not send any MIDI Data of its OUT Port if i move any of the Faders via Mouse in the TMFX App?
The TX LED does not blink... Even if i try any other MIDI Hardware for TX

The MIDI IN Port on my FF802 works fine from my Controller. The TMFX Faders move if i send the corresponding CC Mesages. And the RX LED blinks...

https://ibb.co/KbBNMTm
https://ibb.co/34xKLQS
https://ibb.co/47gVDGj

From TMFX Help:

MIDI Remote Control
   • MIDI In. Input where TotalMix receives MIDI Remote data.

• MIDI Out. Output where TotalMix sends MIDI Remote data.

• Disable MIDI in background. Deactivates MIDI Remote Control as soon as another application is in the focus, or when TotalMix has been minimized.

Did i miss something?

MC wrote:

We are working on 4.05 which hopefully is the final release then.

Is there any hope that my issue will be addressed with this release?

mattrixx wrote:

Hi ya.. I think I am the other one. :-)
The playback option is greyed out for me too, but the loopback method continue to work fine for me.

Hi, are you on a M1 airbook too?
Loopback sadly don't works for me since I need the physical inputs as fx returns, and without the main fx I don't need to monitor the master signal, so the future feature is highly welcome for me.. especially because of the goniometer...thats what I mainly want to see in the sum when mixing down strange fx arrangements.
greets.

3phase wrote:
mattrixx wrote:

Hi ya.. I think I am the other one. :-)
The playback option is greyed out for me too, but the loopback method continue to work fine for me.

Hi, are you on a M1 airbook too?
Loopback sadly don't works for me since I need the physical inputs as fx returns, and without the main fx I don't need to monitor the master signal, so the future feature is highly welcome for me.. especially because of the goniometer...thats what I mainly want to see in the sum when mixing down strange fx arrangements.
greets.

I am on a Mac Studio Ultra. (Loopback method works for me)

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS12.4
----------------

I installed the driverkit 4.04 driver on my macmini 2018, 3.2ghz 6 core i7, 32gb ram, Monterey 12.5 with the Madiface XT, latest firmware.

The driver installed fine. I was asked to allow the driver and after a restart everything was up and running.

However, Madiface XT was only recognised when in usb2 mode. In usb3 mode the device was not recognised and not functional. With the old driver, Madiface is recognised in usb3 mode, but I get a lot of up to 5 seconds long dropouts. Since I currently only need 64 channels, I'm running the device in usb2 mode.

Nuendo 12.0.40 recognised Madiface without creating an aggregated device.

I had to reassign audio connections in Nuendo and the Audio-Midi Setup (speaker setup).

Load in Nuendo in a fairly heavy project (44.1khz, lots of VIs, plugins) at 64 samples latency was the same as with the old driver.

Load of the driverkit driver in activity monitor was about 15% with said project playing, aroung 12.5% when playing a youtube video, around 8% when playing apple music and 1.5-3.5% when idle.

When playing back music without any other activity, the ram usage is getting bigger and bigger. It's mainly the window-server that's eating memory, about 500mb in a hour. I have not compared that to the old driver yet.

I will observe further and try my macbook pro 14 next.

Nuendo 12.0.40, RME Madiface XT, MacMini 2018, 3.2ghz 6 core i7, 32gb ram, Monterey 12.5.

tajika wrote:

When playing back music without any other activity, the ram usage is getting bigger and bigger. It's mainly the window-server that's eating memory, about 500mb in a hour. I have not compared that to the old driver yet.

Hello my dear.

Hello, I'm sorry I hope not disturb. I'm not sure if it's related to this driver. But I just got this message from my iOS https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210999
I have a Mac M1 Max with a Fireface 802. Please advise if I'm in the right thread. Thank you!

The message is not from iOS, and the right thread on this topic is:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 39#p190639

But you are in the right thread to download the new driver and get rid of the warning that way.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME