Re: ADI-2 Remote Pre-Release: Step 1, macOS (Update: released)

xifonet wrote:

I had the same problem. This happens when IpadOS settings> display and brightness> screen zoom> larger text. If we activate the default size then the application works correctly. The problem should be solved because there are many of us with visual difficulties who have this option activated

This statement confuses me. The option is called 'Display - Display Zoom - More Space' on my iPad Pro, and performs the exact opposite - everything gets smaller, so not good for visually impaired. The option  to change the Text Size is a different setting and does not cause any operation error with the GUI.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

152 (edited by xifonet 2023-07-26 11:24:53)

MC wrote:
xifonet wrote:

I had the same problem. This happens when IpadOS settings> display and brightness> screen zoom> larger text. If we activate the default size then the application works correctly. The problem should be solved because there are many of us with visual difficulties who have this option activated

This statement confuses me. The option is called 'Display - Display Zoom - More Space' on my iPad Pro, and performs the exact opposite - everything gets smaller, so not good for visually impaired. The option  to change the Text Size is a different setting and does not cause any operation error with the GUI.

Yeah true. But that's not exactly what I'm saying.
In the Display and Brightness > Display Zoom > option you can choose three options: Larger text, Default and More Space. If you choose "Larger Text", everything, including the text, appears larger on the screen. If you choose "More Space" everything, including the text, appears smaller. In neither case does the Remote application work correctly. It only works well with the "Default" option
All this has nothing to do with the "Text Size" option. This option works correctly in the application.

It seems that Apple is not as consistent in its GUI as we would expect. I have checked the translation of iPad OS into Spanish and in this case it is literal so the defect is in the original. The Larger Text and More Space options are inconsistent and confusing. Not only the text is larger. Not only is there more space. Reality is "everything bigger" or "everything smaller"

Hi, I saw that the Pro version will come later, can you confirm the app will be available for all versions ? Mine is a 2016 version without the IR input and remote (the app will be even more usefull for me as it will be the Orly way to remotely control the ADI)
Is it possible to have an estimation date for the Pro version release ?

Thank you

I’ve downloaded the Ipad version even if my Pro version is not compatible yet,it seems to be great. Thank you for this great work and support.

Do you think it’ spossible to map the volume knob to the hard volume buttons on the iPad ?

Thanks

xifonet wrote:

In the Display and Brightness > Display Zoom > option you can choose three options: Larger text, Default and More Space.

I don't have the option 'Larger text'. Might be available only in specific iPad Pro, though. Anyway, we'll try to fix this, of course.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:
xifonet wrote:

In the Display and Brightness > Display Zoom > option you can choose three options: Larger text, Default and More Space.

I don't have the option 'Larger text'. Might be available only in specific iPad Pro, though. Anyway, we'll try to fix this, of course.

Mine is iPad Pro (12.9". 5th generation) iPadOS 16.5.1

It is probably due to the size of the screen. It makes sense that a large-screen iPad would have the option to magnify its appearance. In all cases, on my iPad with the "more space" option, the application does not work either. We will await an update. Thanks and regards.

Call me a dimwit too. Adi2-pro fs black, plugged in via usb, updated firmware, says not connected, don't see anything to set a connection. Audio midi setup doesn't show a midi device for it. I don't see anything about how to connect to it.

Any help for this idiot?

Thanks

Up to now just ADI2DAC is supported.

Cheers, Ernst

ADI-2 PRO FS R BE / ADI-2 DAC FS / some old multibit treasuers ;-)

Thank you

Can’t wait for the Pro/FS Version....

I am interested in the Protocol via USB.
If this will be available I will implement an device volume control for ADI-2 (also Pro and 2/4) as part of rooExtend.

With this finally the green dot and discussions about it using DSP-volume will be history :-)

Any idea how I can get those information?

best DrCWO

DrCWO
Creator of rooExtend
Audiophile music lover,
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering

Just wait. When everything is finished it will be released here and on the website.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

163 (edited by JimmyBuckets 2023-08-16 03:33:00)

Sorry this was meant to be over on the Windows side...

Potential bug maybe.  When playing around with the meter settings, the DAC display for the meter section looks weird.  Clicking on one of the physical buttons on the unit and then going back to the previous screen seems to fix the quark.  Doesn't seem to effect playback or operation of the DAC in my limited time playing with it.

That is a known display reset issue which will require a firmware update, not changes in the program/app..

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Dear RME people! Many thanks for the remote app! I am so happy with the added value! Great. Thx!!

I just installed the latest update. The problem in iPad with the size of the image is solved. Thank you so much!

Would it be possible in the future to update the firmware of our ADI-2 DAC from de app Remote and the iPad? Not all of us have a Mac or PC accessible from the DAC.

Is it possible to control the Adi 2 remote via Midi CC commands? for example the vol,dim,mono ect....
i've tried to replicate the Sysex commands but had no success...

xifonet wrote:

Would it be possible in the future to update the firmware of our ADI-2 DAC from de app Remote and the iPad? Not all of us have a Mac or PC accessible from the DAC.

Unfortunately that will not be possible, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

This might be a stupid question but will this software allow me to control the volume of the ADI-2 DAC using the Mac media keys on my keyboard in the same way that I can adjust the volume of my laptop's speakers?

This might be a stupid question but will this software allow me to control the volume of the ADI-2 DAC using the Mac media keys on my keyboard in the same way that I can adjust the volume of my laptop's speakers?

No, but there are a couple of solutions:

• If you're only using the ADI-2 DAC as a class-compliant output device (i.e., just have it hooked up to a USB port on your Mac), https://rogueamoeba.com/soundsource/ will allow you to use your volume keys to adjust the system volume going into your unit. Look for the "Super Volume Keys" feature.

• If you're connecting the ADI-2 DAC to your Mac via an RME interface (Digiface USB, UCX II, Babyface Pro FS, etc.), https://felixrost.de/display-control-automate-totalmix/ can be used to set up hot keys to adjust submix faders in TotalMix FX, and you can use the MacOS keyboard shortcuts setting screen to remap the keys.

AdamBier wrote:

No, but there are a couple of solutions:

• If you're only using the ADI-2 DAC as a class-compliant output device (i.e., just have it hooked up to a USB port on your Mac), https://rogueamoeba.com/soundsource/ will allow you to use your volume keys to adjust the system volume going into your unit. Look for the "Super Volume Keys" feature.

• If you're connecting the ADI-2 DAC to your Mac via an RME interface (Digiface USB, UCX II, Babyface Pro FS, etc.), https://felixrost.de/display-control-automate-totalmix/ can be used to set up hot keys to adjust submix faders in TotalMix FX, and you can use the MacOS keyboard shortcuts setting screen to remap the keys.

This is super helpful! Thank you for the quick reply! I did some more digging and it seems like EQMac has similar functionality. It seems like the main disadvantage of SoundSource is that I have to enable reduced security in my mac [1]. This seems like a massive compromise to simply use my volume keys to control a USB audio output. EQMac doesn't have that same limitation. This requirement also means I can't install SoundSource on my work laptop. What are your thoughts on the two programs? Why do you prefer SoundSource over EQMac?

[1] https://rogueamoeba.com/support/knowled … StepByStep

I've never tried EQMac (I use the ControlPilot solution to control TotalMix), but I'd check again to see if things change post MacOS Sonoma. Good luck!

Adi-2 remote and iPadOS 17

Within two weeks Apple is expected to launch the official iPadOS 17.
I have installed the public beta’s . There is a bug within the Adi-2 remote app. When you start the app and your iPad is connected, the app works as to be expected. After a while, f.i. when you use an other app while listening or when your iPad goes into sleep mode, the app cannot connect to the Adi-2 dac anymore. In the top of the app’s screen it says  ‘ waiting’ . You have to close the app or even to remove the app out of the RAM and start it again to get connected.

For about two weeks I sent a mail to RME support about this

Hope you can solve this

rienm wrote:

Adi-2 remote and iPadOS 17

Within two weeks Apple is expected to launch the official iPadOS 17.
I have installed the public beta’s . There is a bug within the Adi-2 remote app. When you start the app and your iPad is connected, the app works as to be expected. After a while, f.i. when you use an other app while listening or when your iPad goes into sleep mode, the app cannot connect to the Adi-2 dac anymore. In the top of the app’s screen it says  ‘ waiting’ .

Unfortunately iPadOS 17 RC did not solve the problem……

We were able to reproduce this effect with iPadOS 17 and even our latest (not yet released) 1.3 b3. Therefore the release of that iPad app has to wait for a fix. Hopefully within the next days.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for your reaction, Matthias

Fixed. Should be up soon.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Does anyone know if ADI PEQ settings is custom format or can I prepare one with REW and load it into ADI? That would be huge if it worked.

180 (edited by Viennacalling 2023-11-10 17:50:41)

I have a question for ipad-version

Cannot setup
band 2 frequency 5050 Hz (5000 or 5100, but not 5050)
and
Band 4 q-factor 6,0 (until 5.0 and not more avaliable)

I want to configure this setting: Hifiman HE1000 V2 (RME ADI-2) from oratory1990
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tx560e7uovy6v … 9.pdf?dl=0

Adi-2 remote for ipad 1.31
Adi-2 pro
Ipad pro gen 1
Ios 16.7.2

Adi-2 Pro, Adi-2 Dac Fs

You can type in the desired value (5050), but 6.0 is not available. Just use 5.0, no meaningful difference at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Viennacalling wrote:

… Cannot setup
band 2 frequency 5050 Hz (5000 or 5100, but not 5050)
and
Band 4 q-factor 6,0 (until 5.0 and not more avaliable)

I want to configure this setting: Hifiman HE1000 V2 (RME ADI-2) from oratory1990
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tx560e7uovy6v … 9.pdf?dl=0

MC wrote:

You can type in the desired value (5050), but 6.0 is not available. Just use 5.0, no meaningful difference at all.

Or just leave away band 2 and 4.
They origin from the measurement rig’s artifacts, not from the headphone.

Such high Q bands don’t do any good, just spoil the impulse response.

I typed in the value 5050 - but it showed 5000 or 5100 - soit did not work - - i am now not in front of the unit

Thank you both for the feedback

Adi-2 Pro, Adi-2 Dac Fs

It works here, as it should. I can even type in 5045. The unit's display can not show that as it displays a shorter, rounded  number, but in the channel menu section PEQ one can see one digit more - it will be active.

Are you really on iPad version 1.31? Pro on USB 267, DSP 122?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No, it was 266 119
Time for updating

Adi-2 Pro, Adi-2 Dac Fs

186 (edited by Viennacalling 2023-11-12 07:56:12)

Edit:

I had 266 119
267 122 works fine - thank you

Adi-2 Pro, Adi-2 Dac Fs

Hello I was thinking that an app to control the device would be great and here we are!

Here are some questions:

1. I use USB to output from Volumio on RPI 4 Linux box to ADI-2.  Works great. Since this software nees USB connection to the device, can I run playback while also using the remote software on my Windows laptop?  Do I just need a USB hub?

2. It would be great to eventually have an interface to the headphone EQ settings database, such as available in Camilladsp or Fusiondsp (which I use on Volumio).  So you would have a pull-down list of headphone models, and when selecting a model it would load that into a settings slot, rename that slot to the headphone model.  The EQ settings would be pre-defined based on the 4 sub-200 settings available (3 PEQ and one Bass) and 3 settings for higher than 200hz.  One impediment is whether the database would have to be restructured for the RME EQ configuration.

3. Consider a wifi or bluetooth dongle (assuming USB hub will work as in point 1). I know that many use the ADI-2 for headpohones, but in my case I use for my main speakers as well.  So the unit is 8-10 feet from where I sit.

4. For future models, more EQ filters for sub-200hz range would be desirable.

Thanks for a great device with which I have never had a fault or issue.

Tony

I would like to have an additional option LOCK which LOCKS all except volume control (LOCK-V could be the fieldname)

So adi-2 pro without remote control would habe a great remote volume control without setting some values by mistake

Adi-2 Pro, Adi-2 Dac Fs

This thread is outdated. Last one before release:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=38074

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME