Topic: Hide channel issue

I have a puzzling problem here which struck me out of the blue. This have just worked before.

with UCXII and tmfx v1.93

I want to hide a single mono channel. I go through "channel layout" menu. Analog 4 disappear as intended. I have saved to snapshot, layout and workspace.

When I change snapshot to another and back the channel just pops back. Setting lost..

channel three is in use and ganged to main out. This is problem number two. ch 3/4 is split, only ch3 in use. I gang ch3 and and 1/2 this is ok all marked yellow, hit fadergroup 2 and channel 4 is automatically included(marked blue like 1,2 and 3) It doesnt move with the others though.

Ive read manual every way, but behaviour seems erratic from how I understand the manual

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

Re: Hide channel issue

Please update the driver and test again, this one doesn't seem to be the latest version.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thnx will do

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

4 (edited by Happy_amateur 2024-10-21 12:13:26)

It still does the same. No problem hiding stereo channels. Mono channel just refuse. If I reload the workspace ch4 is hidden. Switching snapshots and back make it come back

I tried 50 ways from sunday. Bump, bump. What am I not seeing

Which driver exactly is installed now, what's the OS?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Windows 11 newest driver

Happy_amateur,
maybe you overlooked that snaps only save stereo/mono while the visible/invisible states are saved in layouts?

After switching from snap1 (with mono channels) to snap2 (stereo channels) and back to snap1 - of course the previous hidden mono channel was shown again.
But then, after activating the layout again (where the second mono channel was hidden before) it disappeared. -> for me ok, no difference... or did i misunderstood sth?

I tested it here on Mac - with 1.93 and the current 1.97...
Both versions behave exactly the same....

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard